Monday 19 August 2013

Get System Information

This script was made to make my work easy. Let me explain that I needed to pull system information for the servers which I own. Since executing each and every command was an tedious job hence automated in the cron, which will email be once it collects the data. 

Since knowing all information at once was helpful, developed script. I will call this only as pre-release, because I think code must be still revised and should be much more short in lines which could save execution time.

Since I had created Github account long time, I took today to upload the script and sharing for all.

How to create git account from command line, click here
Code can be copy/pasted from the link, getsysinfo.sh

This was tested only in CentOS/Redhat/OpenSUSE.
My first blog to get into Bash via GitHub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment